September 7, 2009

Silverlake Charm

While taking a walk down to town I started to notice all the charming little houses along the road that I had completely overlooked while driving. I've never been a huge fan of the massive mansions and oversize 'castle' houses. Instead, I daydream about cute cottages with small cozy rooms and lots of natural light.

There is something so comforting and homey about these little homes, something that I think the big mansions often lack. What in the world do they do with all that room anyways?

This spanish inspired cottage has so much character with its arches and rounded corners. The beautifully tiled stairway that leads up to the bold red door is an exciting entrance, I would love to see whats inside!

This home seems like a bit of a mix between the two styles. It has the size of a cottage and some of the characteristics of a spanish home.. Again, the bold entrance colors really help set the house apart. My new town is filled with these adorable and homey houses and I can't wait to document and share more of them.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home