August 19, 2009

Silverlake Street Fair

This past weekend I attended the Silverlake Street Fair only 5 away minutes from my house. Sunset blvd. was completely closed off to traffic which was very impressive seeing that its pretty much the main road in Silverlake. Besides the steep entry fee ($20!) the street fair was a great Saturday afternoon activity, alive with music, dancing, art, crafts, food and lots of drinks.I must say, it was a bit different than other street fairs I have been too but anyone who knows the Silverlake area could only expect that. A mixture of hipsters, hippies, spirituals, and flat out unique people crowded the streets selling one of a kind specialty pieces.

The only drawback of the event was the unbearable 95 degree weather but they made up for it with water balloon fights, fresh blackberry mojitos and frozen strawberry daqueries; not a bad trade off in my opinion.

Although I didn't purchase any new arts or crafts at the fair, I enjoyed the diverse music the most. From turntables to salsa and everything in between (including the guys dressed up in animal costumes playing guitar). Can't wait for the next one!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home