September 29, 2009

Hipcooks: How to Make Sushi

Last night, Sebastian and I attended the 'Turning Japanese' Hipcooks Sushi cooking class in downtown LA. Since we have been making sushi at home about 3 times a week, we thought maybe we better get a few professional techniques and tips from the pros.

It turned out to be a fun night filled with saki, mochi and plenty of sushi! Our teacher was energetic and passionate and truly stressed the point that sushi making is an experimental process and does not need to follow rigid guidelines.

After watching a few demos, we took on the task ourselves. My favorite part was adding fresh mango to my rolls. The sweetness definitely added a lot and was something I had never tried before.

I was pretty impressed with my dishes when I was finished and they tasted just as good as they looked (which is always a good sign!) Overall the night was a lot of fun and we learned a few tricks of the trade a long the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home