December 16, 2009

Typewriting

One of my favorite new additions is this typewriter fellow garage saler Chelsea and I picked up a few weeks ago. We have a few projects in mind for it but even if we hadn't, who can resist a $10 working typewriter! It surprisingly took effort to use it (being a typewriter novice) but once we got the hang of it, the possibilities were endless!





I was excited to see that typewriters, although limited in type size, typeface, leading, kerning ect., are versatile in the materials they can print on. Since I love the texture and tactfulness of fabric I decided to create this years Christmas tags combining two of my loves: typewriters and fabric. A crafty alternative to the store bought stick-ons.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph A. Thompson (Al) said...

Cool! Let me know when your project is done. Would love to see it! I'm also going to follow your blog, I think its cool.

Al
althompsonphoto.com

December 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home