July 23, 2009

The Beauty of the Store Sign

As I have already mentioned, Typography holds a special place in my heart. I think it actually skipped a few beats after seeing these beautiful examples. I am always on the look out with my camera in hand, especially this summer in Paris where good design lived on every street corner.

I love the simplicity of this store sign. So classy and clean yet unique at the same time.

This logo caught my eye immediately. I walked by this Parisian shop everyday on my way to work and was intrigued by it more and more each time I saw it. The ambiguity of it all is spectacular.

I think the color of this sign is what attracts me most. That and the great oddness of a circular sign protruding from the storefront.

I am not a huge fan of toys and games but after seeing this sign I think I would love to spend the whole day in this store. I imagine the inside being as full of character as its vintage sign.

I wish I had the guts to design like this; unafraid of mistakes and uneven lines. This sign inspires me the most because it truly captures the easy going 'carefreeness' of the designer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home