July 20, 2009

Hello!

Beginning my blog, I thought I should start off by sharing a bit about myself and what inspires me. I am a graphic designer living & working in Los Angeles. Design to me is not as much a job as it is a passion. I feel so fortunate to be able to do what I love doing for my job, and hope that I can help and inspire others in the process.

Simplicity in design is my weakness. A clean combination of modern and classical style is what I strive for in my own work.

Great vintage finds make my day. The idea of reusing something old and beautiful without having to manufacture something new is rewarding in itself. Slowly but surely I hope to build up a great vintage collection to one day fill my entire house.

Beautiful typography is unfortunately one of the things we lack here in the United States. While traveling in Paris this summer I was ecstatic to walk down the streets and be surrounded by great type design, like the flower shop, Vertige, I stumbled upon.

My last great weakness: dessert. More specifically chocolate, and even more specifically, French chocolate! Anyone who knows me, knows I don't mind skipping dinner from time to time, but dessert? Not an option.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and I hope it helped inspire you as well!
Visit my design website at: dukdesign.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great journaling! Loved reading your opinions too

August 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home